Thomas Kneale Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (collectively referred to as “TK”, “we” or “us” in this policy), and we are the data controller.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at TK, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. TK is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
TK (and trusted delivery partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to your organisation;
- to manage any account(s) that your organisation hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically or by telephone about products and services which we think may interest you;
- to enable TK to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
This policy applies if you contact us or we contact you.
TK uses your personal data for electronic and telephone marketing purposes (with your consent) to establish product requirements that you may have.
TK aims to update you about products which are of interest and relevance to you as an organisation.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by informing us by email, on the telephone or by letter.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT and delivery service providers.
TK only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to TK and to you, and for no other purposes. This is to store data (IT service provider) and to deliver orders (delivery service providers).
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, TK will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The only personal data TK will hold will be your name, work email address, work telephone number(s) and your work address.
We need to process your personal data so that we can provide you with the goods and services you want to buy.
HOW WE ENSURE YOUR PRIVACY IS MAINTAINED
TK is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- policy documents and regular audits of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire TK IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access such as firewalls
- physical access control to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. Access to data is only authorised to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
TK will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from TK asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data
If you have any questions about how TK uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- by telephone on: 0161 274 4464;
- e-mail us at email@example.com or
- write to us at: Arbry House, Unit 6, Piccadilly Trading Estate, Manchester, M1 2NP
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.